The vessel we are building will be the most environmentally friendly passenger vessel on earth operating the route between Vaasa and Umeå. This is the first new build for this route ever, even though there have been ferries operating this route since the 1940’s.
The ferry will accommodate 800 passengers and will have a freight capacity of 1,500 lane meters for cargo and cars. The vessel is designed to be environmentally friendly, with machinery running on a dual fuel solution: besides liquefied natural gas it can also be operated using biogas. The vessel order is approximately EUR 120 million.
- Bio/LNG gas solutions - fuel gas handling, gas tanks land and sea and bunkering
- Catalyst for max reduction of NOx (exceeding IMO Tier III requirement)
- Waste heat and cool recovery to maximise energy use
- 2-stage turbocharged multi-fuel engines (BioGas)
- Power Conversion/ Drives with high redundancy
- Hybrid solution with batteries and inductive charging
- Built in Flexibility to swap or add power sources
- Smart bridge enabling autonomous shipping and remote navigation
- Integrated Automation System with Smart Power Management System of engines and batteries
OPTIMIZED OPERATIONS & PERFORMANCE
- Condition Based & Predictive Maintenance
- Remote operation & services
PASSENGER FLOW AND EXPERIENCE
- Flexible use of passenger areas with intelligent ventilation and lightning
- Auto-trim connected to Automatic loading – unloading with led traffic lights
- Autoregistering of cars
- Smart cabins
- Dual fuel with LNG as primary energy source
- Possibility to use LBG
- Electric propulsion drive with Azimuth thruster units
- Battery power for port entry/departure, peak shaving, hotel load and boost power
- Energy recovery and environmental footprint in focus
- Ice Class 1A Super
- Passenger and crew comfort
- SOLAS 2020 and “Stockholm agreement” stability rules
- Marine evacuation system (“no life boats”)
- No separators, green filter technique
- NACOS Platinum navigation
- Loa: 150.0 m
- Lwl: 137.8 m
- Beam mld.: 26.0 m
- Draught, design: 6.10 m
- Gross tonnage, about: 24 300 t
- Deadweight, design abt.: 3 500 t
- Max. persons onboard (LSA): 1 000
- Passengers: 800
- Lane metres: 1 500
- Cabins: 68
- Speed: 20 kn
- Public Decks: 2
The Clean and Clean Design for new vessels is proof of voluntary compliance with additional Pollution Prevention measures and upcoming Environmental Regulations.
Due to the demand for proof of greener shipping, we as a shipowner want documentation that shows our newbuilding meets the current and future standards of environmentally friendly design. We go above and beyond the applicable environmental legislative worldwide standards for shipping.
Clean notation shows compliance with all mandatory MARPPOL requirements regardless of any exemption granted by a flag state administration. In addition, it contains additional requirements to prevent oil pollution. It also requires a vessel to have improved technical and management procedures to reduce discharges to sea and emissions to air.
Clean Design contains all Clean notation requirements plus additional Constructional and Design requirements such as stricter oily tank protection, installation of 5ppm oily bilge separator and alarm, installation of approved ballast water treatment system. Clean Design also requires Compliance with Hong Kong Convention for Ship Recycling.
Vessels having Clean or Clean Design notation plus certified engines for IMO Tier III, will be assigned with Clean (Tier III) or Clean (Design Tier III) notations to let he ship owners profile their greener ships.